ExiTron U and ExiTron V have been developed as reference contrast agents for maximum convenience.
ExiTron U is a classical monomeric non-ionic extracellular contrast agent for CT angiography (CTA) and is based on the proven iopromide agent that has long been used in human clinical practice.
ExiTron V is the dimeric counterpart to ExiTron U, is based on iodixanol and has been adapted for animal imaging.
ExiTron U and Exitron V, the trusted standards from human clinical CT, allow you to focus on the actual imaging experiment by:
- Saving you time eliminating tedious dilution and formulation steps
- Providing the consistent, reliable quality of all Viscover products
- Serving as a reference contrast agent
- Discover Viscover's ExiTron agents – reliable CT agents adapted from clinical practice
791 g mol-1
~ 4700 HU
1550 g mol-1
~ 6400 HU
Structural formula of iopromide
Structural formula of iodixanol
- Seo, Y. et al. (2008) In vivo microCT imaging of rodent cerebral vasculature. Phys. Med. Biol. 53: 99-107.
- Dawson, P. et al. (1984) Iopromide. A new non-ionic contrast medium. Acta Radiol. Diagn. (Stockh). 25: 253-256.
- Heglund, I.F. et al. (1995) Pre-clinical pharmacokinetics and general toxicology of iodixanol. Acta Radiol Suppl
- Larsen, L.E. et al. (1995) Neural tolerability of iodixanol in mice and dogs after single and repeated intracisternal administration. Acta Radiol Suppl 399: 238-243.