From physics to efficacy: advanced nanotechnology accomplishing cutting-edge imaging
Viscover’s imaging agents have been pharmacologically engineered to provide optimal contrast efficiencies for all principal imaging modalities.
- Superparamagnetism of FeraSpin products yields exceptional MRI contrast
- Low viscosity of ExiTron nano products for superior CT
- Enhanced echogenicity of PolySon agents provides outstanding ultrasound contrast
- Quantum confinement in NiraWave nano products provides exceptional optical properties
Viscover has developed robust methods for particle size fractionation. This is exemplified by the FeraSpin Series, a portfolio of size-fractionated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for MRI.
- Smaller particles, such as FeraSpin XS, have the longest circulation times
- Larger particles, such as FeraSpin XXL, accumulate in the liver and spleen more rapidly
- Smaller particles have optimal properties for T1- weighted “positive contrast”, namely a low r2/r1 relaxivity ratio
- Larger particles have a higher T2 relaxation rate and thereby optimal T2/T2* contrast properties
Taken together, the FeraSpin Series covers the complete size range of iron oxide nanoparticles for MRI research.
** in water, 37 °C, 1.41 T