From physics to efficacy: advanced nanotechnology accomplishing cutting-edge imaging
Viscover’s imaging agents have been pharmacologically engineered to provide optimal contrast efficiencies for all principal imaging modalities.
- Superparamagnetism of FeraSpin products yields exceptional MRI contrast
- Low viscosity of ExiTron nano products for superior CT
- Enhanced echogenicity of PolySon agents provides outstanding ultrasound contrast
- Quantum confinement in NiraWave nano products provides exceptional optical properties
Viscover has developed robust methods for particle size fractionation. This is exemplified by the FeraSpin Series, a portfolio of size-fractionated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for MRI.
- Smaller particles, such as FeraSpin XS, have the longest circulation times
- Larger particles, such as FeraSpin XXL, accumulate in the liver and spleen more rapidly
- Smaller particles have optimal properties for T1- weighted “positive contrast”, namely a low r2/r1 relaxivity ratio
- Larger particles have a higher T2 relaxation rate and thereby optimal T2/T2* contrast properties
Taken together, the FeraSpin Series covers the complete size range of iron oxide nanoparticles for MRI research.
|FeraSpin™|| Mean particle size |
| Relaxivity r2/r1|
(in water 37 °C, 1.41 T )
|XS||10 – 20 nm||3 - 5|
|S||20 – 30 nm||5 - 9|
|M||30 – 40 nm||9 - 22|
|L||40 – 50 nm||22 - 32|
|XL||50 – 60 nm||32 - 39|
|XXL||60 – 70 nm||39 - 46|