The FeraSpin™ Series is a product family of six size-selected agents derived from FeraSpin R:
FeraSpin XS to FeraSpin XXL. The identical chemical composition and ultra-narrow size distribution of these fractions allows for fine-tuning of the pharmacologic profile according to your own innovative applications.
The unique series of size-selected superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles:
- Is analogous to human clinical agents
- Encompasses particle fractions ranging from ultrasmall to a large size
- Offers tunable T1 and T2/T2* relaxation properties
- The FeraSpin Series is Viscover's unique and powerful toolbox for nanoparticle MRI research
Apply the FeraSpin Series to
- Adjust your unique MR contrast agent for extended circulation, or macrophage and organ-specific uptake by the liver and spleen
- Perform effective experiments in MR physics, sequence development and nanoparticle physiology
Characteristics of the FeraSpin Series with respect to particle size
(in water 37 °C, 1.41 T )
- Lohrke, J. et al. (2008) Characterization of superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles by asymmetrical flow-field-flow-fractionation. Nanomedicine 3: 437-452.
- Allkemper,T. et al. (2002) Contrast-enhanced blood-pool MR angiography with optimized iron oxides: effect of size and dose on vascular contrast enhancement in rabbits. Radiology 223: 432-438.
- Tsuda, N. et al. (2005) Potential of superparamagnetic iron oxide in the differential diagnosis of metastasis and inflammation in bone marrow: experimental study. Invest. Radiol. 40: 676-681.
- Metz, S. et al. (2004) Capacity of human monocytes to phagocytose approved iron oxide MR contrast agents in vitro. Eur. Radiol. 14: 1851-1858.
- Ludwig, F. et al. (2012) Optimization of Magnetic Nanoparticles for Magnetic Particle Imaging. IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 48(11): 3780-3783.