GadoSpin P is a long-circulating imaging agent for magnetic resonance angiography (MRA). It is based on a high molecular weight polymer that does not extravasate from intact blood vessels.
The unique polymeric gadolinium chelate agent:
- Is based on a linear polymer of a tailored molecular weight
- Remains in the vasculature with a long blood half-life
- Prevents a loss in vessel contrast over time as seen with monomers
- Enables higher resolution through a longer steady state period and a wide acquisition timeframe
- GadoSpin P is Viscover's leading blood pool agent for MR angiography
- Discover an experimental alternative to GadoSpin D for dynamic contrast-enhanced (DCE) MRI studies
Relaxivity (37 °C, 1.41T)
r1 = 10 L mmol-1 s-1
r2 = 12 L mmol-1 s-1
~200,000 g mol-1
Schematic diagram of GadoSpin P:
- Kirchherr, A.K. et al. (2012) Characterization of a novel gadolinium-based high molecular weight polymer as an intravascular MR contrast agent. Proc. Intl. Soc. Mag. Reson. Med. 20, Melbourne, Australia.
- Govaerts, K. et al. (2013) Towards quantitative evaluation of vascular alterations in mice using MR angiography.
Front. Neuroinform. doi: 10.3389/conf.fninf.2013.10.00021.
- Iliff, J.J. et al. (2013) Brain-wide pathway for waste clearance captured by contrast-enhanced MRI. J Clin Invest. 123(3): 1299-309.