Atherosclerosis imaging MRI agent
GadoSpin™ F MRI contrast agent (1 x 5 injections): 130 - 095 - 162
GadoSpin™ F MRI contrast agent (5 x 5 injections): 130 - 095 - 163
GadoSpin F is a unique MRI agent developed for atherosclerosis imaging. It contains a hydrophobic targeting moiety for high protein binding affinity. The agent accumulates in atherosclerotic plaques and enables direct T1-weighted visualization of plaque burden.
The unique amphiphilic agent for plaque imaging:
- Contains a hydrophobic targeting moiety
- Accumulates in atherosclerotic plaques
- Leads to significant T1 positive enhancement in atherosclerotic vasculature
Alternatively, benefit from GadoSpin F:
- For efficient lymph node and inflammation imaging based on its selective enrichment
- By easily performing an additional angiography scan during GadoSpin F's extended blood pool phase
Relaxivity (37 °C, 1.5 T)
r1 = 18 L mmol-1 s-1
r2 = 31 L mmol-1 s-1
r1 = 15 L mmol-1 s-1
r2 = 20 L mmol-1 s-1
~1,300 g mol-1
Schematic diagram of GadoSpin F:
- Jung, C. et al. (2017) Quantitative and qualitative estimation of atherosclerotic plaque burden in vivo at 7T MRI using Gadospin F in comparison to en face preparation evaluated in ApoE KO mice. PlosOne 12(8)
- Jung, C. et al. (2014) GadoSpin F-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging for diagnosis and monitoring of atherosclerosis: validation with transmission electron microscopy and x-ray fluorescence imaging in the apolipoprotein e-deficient mouse. Mol Imaging. doi: 10.2310/7290.2014.00039.
- Christiansen, S.I. (2015) Quantitative Diagnostik und Monitoring sowie qualitative Charakterisierung atherosklerotischer Plaques in ApoE-KO-Mäusen in der MRT mittels GadoSpin F im Vergleich zu μCT und
en face-Präparation. PhD thesis.
- Zheng, J. et al. (2008) Targeted contrast agent helps to monitor advanced plaque during progression: a magnetic resonance imaging study in rabbits. Invest. Radiol. 43: 49-55.
- Raatschen, H.J. et al. (2006) MRI tumor characterization using Gd-GlyMe-DOTA-perfluorooctyl-mannose conjugate (Gadofluorine M), a protein-avid contrast agent. Contrast Media Mol. Imaging 1: 113-120.